
Cooper is an American Bulldog who will be 8 weeks old on Monday! He was Beau and Bailey's birthday present, a gift they have been hoping for for a long time. Bailey was so excited and happy that she just started crying! We got him in the midst of my tonsilectomy recovery, so Danni was on puppy duty the first 3 days and again the following weekend, and Justin came over on his day off and took him off my hands so I could rest. Having him is alot like having a newborn baby, he eats, sleeps, poops and pees, but at least with a baby, the mess is contained in a diaper! He woke up to go potty every few hours. We want to train him right, so we've been watching many episodes of the Dog Whisperer with Ceaser Millan, that man is amazing with dogs! He is doing pretty well with his house training, very well with his crate trainging and he now gets up only once at night, he even slept thru the night once this week! We have taught him to sit and he's learning to walk on a leash. We are trying to train him to chew on only his toys, but he still loves shoe laces and hands. We have nicknamed him "shark tooth" if that tells you anything! Ouch!!! I'm sure that with lots of patience and love and positive reinforcement he will be the best family dog ever...hopefully sometime in the near future! Wish us luck, and any advise will be appreciated.
5 comments:
Did you still that volleyball from the church?
HaHa!!! It is a church ball, but it was an old, no good one that the sports director in our old ward gave us.
He is adorable! I love the name...
My advice..."just love him" He's a baby you know. Good luck with all those big firsts. Glad you are feeling better
hugs
tricia
That is the cutest dog ever!
Well, I don't have any doggie advice. I can say - that is why we don't ahve a dog yet. I am NOT ready for that challenge!!!
Post a Comment