Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Survived!!!

Hello again! I'm once again back amongst the living! I had my tonsils taken out on Feb. 17th and let me just say...I'd rather give birth than go thru the pain of the last 2 weeks! They said it would be a "rough recovery" for about a week to 10 days and they weren't kidding! "Rough recovery" is quite an understatement! 2 weeks and 1 day later, I still have a sore throat, but I've been off the percocet for 2 days now. I'm also able to eat real, soft foods now, ie. pasta, refried beans, baked potatoes, etc... no more jello, pudding, yogurt and slim fast shakes! Needless to say, I should have a big advantage in our family's next weigh in for our Biggest Loser competition, I lost 7 lbs. during the last 2 weeks. I guess that is my silver lining!

4 comments:

Danni said...

Its not fair. Im glad to see your still kicking though :]

kellie said...

Sore throats stink big time! When I get one, I down 4 motrins easy (c'mon, it's like tranquilizing an elephant)
Good job on the weight loss!

Andi said...

So is that what I need? A tonsillectomy to lose a few pounds? Too bad I already had one when I was in elementary school...

Glad that your finally feeling better.

TrishAnderson said...

Way to look at the positive side of things. Glad you are feeling better.