Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stuck in my Christmas Bubble



I love all the anticipation and excitement that the Christmas season brings. Shopping for just the right gifts, wrapping, decorating the house, and non stop Christmas music. I love Christmas Eve traditions and being woken up early by anxious kids on Christmas morning. I love cooking and baking and family and friends. I love, love, love Christmas movies, the classics, the remakes, the Hallmark movies and the Lifetime Christmas movies too. So when it's over so quick, I can't help but feel a little sad. I like to spend the week after Christmas easing out of my Christmas bubble. Sort of a Christmas detox if you will. I can't just go cold turkey! I know there are some who as soon as Christmas is over, the tree comes down and decorations get boxed up. I just can't do it! I like the clutter of new gifts and toys strown all over the house for a few days. I still turn the Christmas lights on and keep the tree up until at least New Years. I'm still eating on the Christmas goodies that kind friends and neighbors dropped off. And...I'm still watching Christmas movies, some that I recorded on the dvr. Is it wrong to want to spread out my love of Christmas for a few more days? I think I enjoy my after Christmas bubble so much because all the stress is gone. The kids are playing with their new toys and gadgets, travel is over and we are home safe and I get to just sit and enjoy the lights and decor and movies and yes, even the mess! So...I'm going to stay in my Christmas bubble and I'll worry about the clean up next year! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

You and me Kim! The tree can't come down until New Years!

kellie said...

I do so love the Christmas season too, Kim! It is rewarding as a mom to make the house beautiful, and make yummy goodies (although, I have eaten more than my share of cookies!)
January is definitely a little depressing for me every year, I need to get off my bum and get moving!

TrishAnderson said...

I agree with you 100%.

PS, I like your new family picture.