Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dang Dog!!!




If this dog wasn't so cute he'd be going back from where he came from! Cooper is 13 weeks old now and he weighs 27 lbs. He has learned to dig, and his favorite spot is in my flower beds. But he's not happy just digging, he likes to roll all over the plants and pull them up out of the ground and he rips stems off my potted plants! He will have to learn that those are BIG NO NO's!!! And lately, he's started eating his own poop! Extremely disgusting, thank you but no more doggie kisses for me. Yesterday he ate enough poop and dried up china berries from the yard that he made himself puke, where else but on the carpet right under the pool table! If he's going to be a gross poop eating dog, he's going to have to be an outside dog! Up until yesterday we had not had any accidents in the house for about a week. Any advise on how to break the poop eating habit? I suppose we could just scoop the poop immediately!

8 comments:

TrishAnderson said...

EEWWW!! Sorry I can't help you with that one, but I would have to agree - No more doggies kisses!

kellie said...

Poop eating is pretty common from what I hear. I am sorry about the flowers, so much work all wasted!
My dog has eaten among other things:
an entire batch of raw bread dough
half a tray of brownies
gameboy games
my favorite REEF flip flops
countless legos (Macy's poop is very colorful)

Janelle said...

Yuck! I think he might be an outside dog at our house too! But he is pretty cute. Good Luck!

Andi said...

Your flower gardens are looking beautiful!

As for the dog...absolutely no thanks!

stacey said...

it seems like I've heard that sometimes they're missing some sort of mineral when they eat their poop.

They just started posting the dog whisperer on hulu.com and on one of the clips he was working with a dog that was eating his poop. You'll have to check it out.

Allison said...

Gross! Sorry can't help much with that. Things like that are part of the reason we have not pets!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I think dogs stop eating their poo once their aren't puppies anymore. Ours still do this from time to time, although I'm finding more and more left alone. Needless to say I don't want them near Raiden's face.

Heather Magnusson said...

Dogs do that poop eating stuff. Gross for sure, but normal. There is some stuff (ask at petsmart) that you can put in their food and it makes it so they don't like their poop anymore... try it. We've done it and seems to work. And the flowers and digging? Enjoy :) heehee